Ron Culp Scholarship for Mentorship
This unique $1,000 scholarship is designed to honor a student entering their senior year at a four-year accredited institution for their mentoring of others and their promotion of public relations as a career choice. This scholarship will be awarded to a student who is nominated by the faculty or professional advisor of a Chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America, or by one of their peers who can address the ways the nominee has helped others in their career and professional development, and how that individual has demonstrated their potential to be a strong mentor of others in their professional life. This award is not based on academic standing or courses taken.
Ron Culp is a consultant and and teaches in the graduate program in public relations and advertising at DePaul University. During his long corporate and agency career, Culp held senior public relations positions at Ketchum, Sard Verbinnen, Sears, Sara Lee, Pitney Bowes and Eli Lilly. Culp's blog – www.culpwrit.com– provides career advice for individuals pursuing careers in public relations. He made a grant to the PRSA Foundation to make this award available to a PRSSA student. In addition, he has endowed similar scholarships at DePaul University and his alma mater, Indiana State University.
- Must be entering their senior year in college in Fall 2023
- Must be a major in public relations, journalism, or related fields
- Must be studying to prepare for a career in public relations
- Must be attending a four year accredited institution
- Must be in good standing as a member of a PRSSA Chapter
- Nomination letter made by someone other than the nominee who has first hand knowledge of the student’s mentoring capabilities and examples.
- Optional: Up to two additional letters of support for the nominee may be provided.
- A completed online scholarship application.
- A resume or LinkedIn profile link.
- Demonstrated mentorship and leadership
- Commitment to public relations and the profession
- Letter(s) of nomination
PRSA Foundation representatives may at some point request to arrange an in-person, phone or Zoom interview.