PRSA Silicon Valley Diversity and Multicultural Scholarship
Award: $1,000 for three students
Established in 2020, the PRSA Silicon Valley Diversity and Multicultural Scholarship annually assists and recognizes students for outstanding academic achievement and commitment to the practice of public relations.
- Reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Be a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited college or university.
- Membership in the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is preferred, but not required.
- A major or minor in public relations or communications is preferred. A student who attends a school that does not offer a public relations degree or program must be enrolled in a communications degree program (e.g., journalism or mass communications).
- You should self-identify as a member of a historically disadvantaged or demographically underrepresented minority group. [Note: Scholarship selection shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law. Conversely, an applicant will not be selected solely based on one or more of the aforementioned protected categories.]
- A completed online application form.
- A current academic transcript of all college or university courses completed.
- One 500-word essay or a video of you speaking (no more than two minutes in length) in English on one of the following topics:
- Why does diversity matter to the public relations industry? What is the significance of having a diverse workforce in the public relations industry?
- How is diversity enacted in everyday public relations practice?
- What recent multicultural communication efforts have helped to bridge the gap between the community and the company/institution?
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 brief letters of recommendation from a higher education professional, internship supervisors, PRSA member, or an individual associated with the public relations profession (corporate, agency, government, non-profit).